Sunday 20 September 2009

My last day

My days as coordinator came to an end on Tuesday. I am very excited about all the new challenges ahead but with so many people now gone from the Azafady office Fort Dauphin does feel like a very different place. A change is as good as a rest and all that but so much change in such a short time can scramble your brain somewhat!


Parasy extraction

My last 10 days in the bush as coordinator were spent in the idyllic village of St Luce. We collected seeds from the forest for the tree nursery, mapped the location of some critically endangered palms, built a vegetable garden for the local school and spent a lot of afternoons off at the beach. It didn’t feel much like work at all!

Lisa elegantly serving up lunch

The beach at S17 and my last day at work.

The biggest fish I haver ever seen! Caught by hand by four Malagasy women at St Luce.

Lisa and Sarah are happy with their lobster meal!

No comments: